Saturday, January 15, 2011

Women in the Military

Okay, boys and girls, it's time for yet another griping session about equal rights or whatever...

St. Louis' Fox affiliate, on their Facebook page, claims a recent report says women should be allowed on the front lines of military combat. They then proceeded to ask if this is a good idea.

My initial reaction: since when are women not allowed to serve on the front lines? I may not know everything about military protocol, but I'd think all soldiers are given equal opportunities. But, I forgot, this is 2011. Americans still don't have much of a grasp on the concept of equality.

I have a question: how are women unfit to be on front lines? Don't they go through training just like the male soldiers? If a soldier can't pass training, they don't go. It's that simple. Gender is irrelevant. Why are we still discussing what rights women should have?

No comments:

Post a Comment