Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Lifestyle Is Better Than Yours. Surrender At Once.

So I just heard that some high school fired their water polo coach because a parent complained that he was gay. Now that alone is enough to arouse my anger. But, there's more. See, it wasn't just his sexuality that got him fired. The source claimed what the parent was griping about, was his "gay lifestyle." Now I'm really mad.

Other than the usual list of slurs people just love to hurl at gay people, "lifestyle" is the word I hate the most. I can not, and probably never will, understand how being gay just completely defines one's lifestyle.

Besides the obvious difference in sexual preference, there really is no difference between homo/bisexuals and heterosexuals.

Now I understand that for a select few, sexuality does define who they are. But somehow, I doubt that they live their lives any different from a heterosexual person.
I'm bisexual myself. But if I were gay or straight, I assure you, my "lifestyle" would be no different from yours.

I wake up, eat, and go about my life, trying to make something of myself. Isn't that what pretty much everybody in America does? Does sexuality really have any bearing on what you do with your life? Does who you love really make a difference? I tend to think not. Maybe for a small handful of people, but no matter how many people it is, I still hate that word.

No comments:

Post a Comment